School where all children are ambidextrous





One child in a million is ambidextrous and can write with both hands. But at a school called Veena Vandini in Singrauli district, it's a custom.

All students of this school can effortlessly write with both hands. The school is up to 8th standard and was started by a former soldier, VP Sharma, on July 8, 1999.

"I was travelling in a bus when I read in a magazine that President Rajendra Prasad could write with both hands. This inspired me a lot and I tried it. Later, I launched Veena Vandini school at my native village, I started training my students and today, we have the results," said Sharma.

"Students receive training after they enter class 1 and by the time they reach class 3, they can efficiently write with both hands. Students of class 7 and 8 can capable of writing with speed and accuracy. Not only that, they can write two scripts at the same time, one with each hand," he said.

The children are taught six languages that include English, Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit, Arabic and Roman.

In a period of forty-five minutes, fifteen minutes are devoted to writing practice.

With the strength of 300 students, the school boasts of 200 students who can effortlessly write with both hands. Rest of the students are still being trained.

Most of the students in the school are either Dalits or tribal. The school is located in a distant area, 15 km from Budhela village. Now, ambidexterity is part of the school routine.




2 comments:

  1. Greetings sir,
    First of all hats off to the initiative sir. Its really inspiring. We run an NGO under which we have 3 schools at different loacations in Akola district in Maharshtra for minority and children from low socio-economic back ground. I was in awe after watching your videos on you tube and was wondering if you could help us teach the same way in our schools. My contact number is 9168130786, I am an orthoopaedics surgeon by profession. Please reply . It would be an honour to talk to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is completing class 3. he is interested in Ambidextrous. can some on inform me who is teaching in or near Basavangudi Bangalore. call me on 9482528400

    ReplyDelete